Friday, May 27, 2011

So i was talking with a Marine today about MRE's. Yes we actually talked about MRE's, a product so common it would be like a civilian talking about toilet paper. Anyway he taold me a recipe for snack made from MRE items. First off you need items from 3 different MREs. You need the oatmeal cookie, a peanut butter packet and spiced apple slices. You also need an MRE heater and something to mix and eat out of. You crumble the cookie into minuscule crumbs. Then you heat the peanut butter and the apple slices. Once the peanut butter is heated you mix it into the crumbs as fast as you can. You make a paste out of this and add it to your apple slices making pretty much apple peanut butter cobbler.

I bring this up to give a glimpse into Marine life that civilians don't often think about. We are always finding ways to replicate the comforts of home using anything we have on hand. Improvise, adapt, dig in!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if we have ever met but I am LCPL Jamison's wife, Erin. You actually just friended me on FB, but I thought I would tell you that this made me smile! I am glad you guys get to still have a little piece of home! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete